Tuesday 22 March 2016

Evaluation / Question 2


Evaluation / Question 2 from SiYauTuong
           
  •        How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?


My ancillary texts consisted of a digipak and poster. In todays age, there is a decline in CDs as listeners can use streaming sites and listen to music digitally. Although many prefer to download their music, people who enjoy buying physical copies still remains. It can be suggested those who buy digipaks view them as collectables than a way to buy music. The combination of my main product and ancillary texts was relatively effective. From my research I found that many EDM artists had digipaks that did not feature their faces- this can be seen in my analysis of Daft Punk and Deadmau5. From this, I decided to include images of the logo and myself as I feature in the music video instead of the artist in order to form a correlation between ancillary texts and the music video. I stylized the images of me in order to make me unrecognizable. This was to avoid confusion as to whether I was the artist. In addition, I decided to use the logo as the CD images as a reference to ‘L|NES’. I used the album cover as my poster image and I followed the conventions of a music poster such as social media links.  Additionally, I used an image of myself with my eyes closed. I stylized the image and used the same filter- ‘extrude’- as the other images. This image refers to the music video as it is inferred that I am simply dreaming and the logo transportation is not real. Also, we included our posters in shots of our music video which can be seen in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment